Intro to 3D Printing: Make-n-Take
Time & Location
About The Event
In this 2 hour Make-n-Take class, Jeremy and Isaiah ( amazing father-son duo) will teach you how to get a 3D model off of your computer and into your hands.
Please bring your own Laptop from home, or notify the instructor that you will be using a Makerspace computer.
* Overview on how the printers are set up and walk through their function
* Quick 3D print demo
* Download and learn the Ultimaker- Cura program
* Pick a design to print using Thingiverse.com (choose something between 30-60min. print time; this ensures that you’ll get to leave with your item)
* Review, discussion and Q&A
* If you wish to dive deeper into the process set up a “Personal Project“ with instructor
2 student max
If you are a Mankato Makerspace Member enter in COUPON CODE--> MEMBER DISCOUNT for $5 Discount
If you have any questions about the class, would like to set up a private lesson, or request a commission please contact:
507-340-2345 (text message preferred)
A little about the Instructors:
Jeremy and Isaiah started their 3D printing journey here at the Mankato Makerspace 3 years ago, first participating in Print Club where they learned the basics. Since then, they have amassed extensive knowledge and acquired six 3D printers of various brands and styles.
“Great intro, was so fun and informative. I was a little nervous going into class, not being particularly tech savvy myself, but Isaiah and Jeremy did such an amazing job explaining everything in a way I could understand, which kept the class atmosphere very relaxed and encouraging. I was pleasantly surprised that we could scroll through the program and choose what we would print that night. Would highly recommend this class to anyone starting out in this creative outlet.”
- Class Ticket$40$400$0