Thu, Jun 28|
Simple Sewing! (1)
Need practice sewing and maybe a little help to get started? We will cut, sew, and finish a simple sewing project in this class. Choose from a work apron or a folding carry bag to improve your skills! Straight and curved stitching depending on your project. Work apron is more challenging!
Time & Location
Jun 28, 2018, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Mankato Makerspace, 1700 3rd Ave, Mankato, MN 56001, USA
About The Event
Things to bring:
- Your own sewing machine or call to arrange to use a Makerspace machine
- BE FAMILIAR WITH YOUR MACHINE. This class will focus on construction of the project with minimal machine instruction.
- Fabric of your choosing - solid or color or print!! Consider recycling or using remnant fabrics that you may be able to find at a local thrift store inexpensively.
- FOR WORK APRON - 1 yard medium wieght cotton or light canvas for outer and 1 yard light cotton for lining.
- FOR CARRY BAG - 1 yard of medium weight cotton or light canvas.
- Fabric should be washed and ironed before class.
- Thread to match or contrast
- Makerspace has sewing pins/pincushions, scissors, measuring tapes to borrow or you may bring your own (put your name on your scissors!!!)
- Patterns will be provided for your use.
ADDITIONAL CHARGE for WORK APRON - webbing and buckles for finishing - $5.00. Payable to instructor night of class.
Class size is limited to six.$15.00
Class size is limited to six.$20.00