Wood Shop Safety 1.0—Core Power Tools
Time & Location
About The Event
From fixing simple shelves to creating beautiful complex furniture, woodworking skills are handy to have.
This course covers the basic functionality and use of the core power tools in any woodshop: the jointer, planer, table saw, band saw, and compound miter saw. In this three-hour session, students will learn
(1) basic operations in milling, surfacing and dimensioning lumber
(2) the components of each tool
(3) safe operation of each tool
(4) applications of each tool to surfacing & dimensioning lumber
(5) alternative applications for each tool.
Students will learn to make a variety of cuts with various saws and will learn to square and true boards using a jointer and planer.
Students should come to the class with closed-toe shoes and long pants. Avoid loose clothing, long sleeves, gloves, and loose jewelry. The student material fee includes take-away PPE (basic ear protection, a dust mask, and safety glasses).
Class size: 6
age restrictions:16 and up
If you have any questions contact
- Non- Member Ticket$40$400$0
- MMS Member Ticket$35$350$0